Friday, August 2, 2019

Meditation

In the last months, probably, in the last year or so, I have been meditating almost every day.
Just before leaving for the holidays I finished a 120-days of practice of a 31-minutes meditation, that gave me a more quiet mind after a roller-coaster period where I was feeling high and suddenly low.

Yesterday I came across a TED talk about "Debunking 5 common Meditation myths" by Light Watking that I suggest anyone to listen to. It can be found here.

Interestingly he mentioned the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and their studies of  nondirective meditation. Here you can read about what nondirective meditation is and about NTNU study. And here a technique developed in Norway, called Acem, that is now been thought in several other countries.

Then this morning I stumbled upon this post by Joanna Goddard and found many inspiring resources. So for instance The New York Times had a guide for how to incorporate meditation in every day situations.

Happy meditation to everyone!

No comments: