Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Play Therapy

I have just discovered about Play Therapy and I wonder what it was.

If I should try to explain it in very simple words, play is the way kids communicate. Adults use words, while kids, as they might not have the words to express what they want, they act it out through play. Fascinating isn't it?

So I search for it and found a TEDx talk (I enjoy TED talks!) by Paris Goodyear-Brown called "Trauma & Play Therapy: Holding hard stories" WOW! Always fascinating by how our brain works and the hormones response.

Here it 's Paris' website https://www.parisgoodyearbrown.com/

I am intrigued and want to learn more.

(I discovered about Play therapy through Reconnected parenting as it was linked by JetsetMama. The way the universe brings us things sometimes are surprising!)

No comments: